Monday, September 08, 2008

Sacred Echoes

I've been reading a book called 'The Sacred Echo'. It's written by Margaret Feinberg. http://www.margaretfeinberg.com/

Margaret says: "As I’ve been growing in my relationship with God, I’m finding that I’m not listening for the whisper as much as I am the echo. Often when God speaks, He will say the same thing through a sermon, a passage of scripture, a chance conversation, or an unexpected encounter. When we begin looking for these “sacred echoes” then we are better able to recognize God’s voice in our life and more confidently walk in the fullness of what God has for us."

I've been trying to think about the 'echoes' in my own life, those persistent, consistent messages from the Lord. Here's what I've come up with so far.

Make a difference (leave a footprint)

I'm enough. (abide in me)

Let it go (live fully in the present)

You worry too much (what good has it done?)

Show up (be a presence)

Speak up (don't go small)

Use your gifts (I've gifted you)

God does speak. Because we are often inattentive and He's persistent ...the Lord will keep at it, trying to get our attention in a variety of ways.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't wimp out (be honest, not passive)

Keep struggling(stay in fellowship with me)

Remeber you already know the ending (this too shall pass)