Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Now what?

I read that a former Olympic gold medal winner stood on the awards platform thinking, "Now what do I do? What's next?"

Good questions. Now what? What's next?

Ever been there. You coach a team. Win the championship. Now what? You start with a company. Get whatever today's equivalent of a corner office is ...and then wonder ...what's next? You get through school, holding in your hand the diploma that represents blood, sweat, and tears and moments later say ...is this all there is?

So, I'm thinking. What's my next? What's driving me? Where am I supposed to go? What am I meant to be? What's going to make tomorrow worth getting up for?

I've won championships. I've sat in a corner office. Had responsibility. Achieved goals. All that is worth celebrating. Good stuff. But I'm still alive. What about tomorrow or the rest of today?

Ever sense that there's a God sized vision deep inside of you? I do. I'm old enough now that I want to give birth to that vision. There's something stirring deep inside me ...that's my next, that's my 'now what'.

The problem is I don't know what that 'vision' represents quite yet. I just know it's quite delicious.

So, what's next for you?

I'd love to hear about the stirring in your life.

No comments: